We are happy to present 15th post-release update! With this update we have addressed one of the top player requests – a ground view camera. Now you can view the action in all it`s low-poly glory up-close and personal, with the sky, mountains and so on. Keep in mind it is performance intensive and only works with Epic camera settings (and not in Tutorial)
Next big feature is being able to control AI lords on the world map. Both as a minor Lord, and as a King you are able to place Rally Points on the World Map with Right Mouse Button. With time AI Lords will send armies to these locations to either defend or attack. With larger Kingdoms, especially if you are King, it`s possible to stage large coordinated invasions of enemy Kingdoms.
The Chancellor window now has Stances feature for AI Lords – this option is only available if your King. Here you decide what you want your Lords to do – build up, do their own thing, or create armies to await your orders.
In addition we have put a lot of work into combat – from pathfinding, to archers hitting moving targets to better tasking flags, fixing a lot of unit movement bugs and so much more.
Also by popular demand we relaxed the game rules a bit, and you can stay in town view mode a lot longer now.
Outdated Game Version Message
In case you get a message in the main menu about Outdated Game Version, you need to restart Steam to download the update. If that doesn`t work please follow these steps:
-Right click on Medieval Kingdom Wars in your Steam library, and select Properties
-Switch to Updates tab, and select – Always keep this game up to date
-Wait a minute, or if game didn`t update, restart steam (completely shut it down and start it again)
And so presenting Update 1.5
But please a keep in mind – with update of this magnitude we are expecting some new bugs to pop-up, especially when it comes to Ground Camera performance, and the new Lord Rally Point controls. We also plan to add ability to get AI Lords to give you their towns. We expect everything to be nicely polished by Tuesday
Major New Features
- Added Ground View camera available on Max Camera Settings
- Added distance fog visible in cinematics and with the ground view camera
- Added Stances for AI Lords when player is King –
- Added Rally Flag placed with RMB on the world map
- AI Lords will attack or defend on the world map based on players Rally Flags placed
Major Additions & Improvements
- Ranged units can now hit moving enemies by predicting their location before shooting
- Fixed issue with tasking a number of battalions and some not moving
- Major improvements to tasking battalions on the busy terrain – towns and mountains
- When tasked battalions now show correct tasking flags in proper positions
- Fixed a number of rare startup issues with the game
- Improvements with ranged and siege units targeting enemy units
Fixes and Balancing
- Greatly reduced happiness drain while managing towns campaign – by 40%