We have a small, but important update today. There have been a lot of complaints about two core gameplay elements play out – collecting taxes, and grindy build up in the town mode. It`s time to address this.
Taxes now generate faster and towns can store more tax income, but collecting taxes now comes with a big -15 happiness penalty. This really changes up how players approach taxes – immediate needs vs happiness penalty.
The happiness penalty for managing towns directly has also been greatly increased 2 times. Together with more silver from taxes, and less overall town happiness – gameplay shifts a lot towards managing towns on the world map. It`s now critical to figure out how to build up towns using less time – adding some core buildings and serfs on the world map before entering a town. This also addresses the exploit of entering to build up town garrison right before AI army is due to attack it.
Some of you might find these major gameplay changes to be odd at first, but we ask you to take your time before passing judgment – gameplay is quite different now, but it does make the game more challenging and faster. But of course – if you really don`t like the changes – let us know, we are open to revisiting this balancing.
We expect the next large update towards the middle of next week – finally adding combat units GUI overlay.
Thanks for supporting MKW – we are just getting started – a lot more amazing updates to come!
And so presenting Update 1.10.
- Collecting taxes now imposes -15 happiness penalty on a town taxes are collected from
- Re-balanced collecting taxes – makes sense to let them accumulate and not click to collect all the time
- Happiness while building up towns goes does significantly faster – twice as fast
- World map gameplay re-balanced to be less long grind buildup oriented
FIXES AND ADDITIONS
- Re-positioned world map army GUI to be centered
- Fixed Social window where none of the buttons would work
- Aligned recruit units world map window – no longer overlaps the chat
- Aligned and re-scaled transfer units world map window – no longer overlaps chat and smaller
- Fixed adviser tooltip covering adviser buttons
- Corrected Swordsman description
- Taxes generate 30% faster
- Maximum tax storage per town increases by 100%