The 1.3 Free Patch is now available, bringing new features and improvements for Dead In Vinland!
One of the most requested language by the players is finally available! That’s right, Dead In Vinland now fully supports:
- Russian (Community translation. Thanks A LOT to our awesome russian translators: Gedo, Barley, Egor, Kerrael, Xippy, Suzakua, Alex)
Advanced difficulty options (for all game modes): modify A TON of parameters to customize your playthrough. See full list here:
- Modify how the states increase/lower each time. You could for example play a game where the characters don’t get any Fatigue at all, but they get twice the amount of Injury and Disease.
- Modify how the states impact the skills: you could make it so the characters’ states don’t lower the character skills, of have twice the impact.
- Modify the random value affected to Acquired skills at generation: choose 0 to have less random, 100 to have crazy numbers.
- Modify the number of bad starting Traits: you could start a game with 0 random starting Traits, making it fairer to every character.
- Modify skills and general XP bonuses. You could make a game with skills that don’t evolve at all on each use, but you get twice the general XP, making it a game around level ups!
- Modify the number of Level Up Traits you get to choose from each level-up. If the random factor of level-ups annoys you, you could set it up to 100 and get the choice to customize your character freely.
- Change the resources gains, the crafting speed, the exploration speed.
- Change how fast camp stations lose condition, and how fast Natural Resources lower and regenerate.
- Remove the chance to have special Traits when using camp stations, or double the chance to get one, and change the value of “Depression Crits”.
- Make the diseases more or less frequent, and make them harder or easier to heal.
- Change the chances that each character will get Dehydrated each night (I personally advise setting it to 100% chances), and change the way water rationing works (yes, you can revert to the initial values that were a bit harsher than now)
- Adjust the chances of food rotting overnight. You can make everything un-perishable ^^
- For Heodening mode only: Modify the number of days you have to wait between Tributes, and the difficulty of Tributes amount asked.
- Change the animosity gains. You could make an endless game by removing them completely.
- The chances of getting fights. If you don’t like our battle system (and it makes us sad), you can remove the battles! (not recommended: battles are an important way to get loot!)
- Give you a boost of chance to succeed skillchecks… You know, those nasty 3-in-a-row skillchecks you have to succeed in Rune challenges? ?
- Some other parameters for Heodening mode: the delay between map resets, and the pace at which the battles will increase in difficulty.
- And finally, one set of options that I’m particularly proud of: you can completely modify the probabilities each weather has to appear, depending of the current weather… Very cool! You could make an island where it constantly rains, or where there are no storms, etc… You’re a real god now!
Intelligence skill reworked: now modifies skills XP gains, instead of doing… nothing.
Added stats screen in character sheet.
- Fixed a nasty bug which prevented Angelico’s main event chain to trigger.
- Level cap increased from 30 to 99 for all game modes (Endless AND Story)
- Tavern changed so that relax mode is less OP:
- Lowered depression cured in relax mode by 5.
- Relax mode has now 10% chances to give Bored trait and 10% chances to give Demotivated trait.